The purpose of the Kettle Moraine High School Booster Club Scholarship Program is to recognize the achievements of student athletes, encourage high scholastic achievement, and to assist with the costs of higher education.
The KMHS Booster Club will award ten (10) One Thousand Dollar ($1,000.00) scholarships annually. These $1,000 scholarships will be distributed to five (5) male student athletes, and five (5) female student athletes. Only one scholarship will be awarded per student. Funds are paid directly to the student after proof of enrollment in an institute of higher learning has been submitted.
Students who have received a full-ride scholarship to any college or university will not be eligible to receive one of these scholarships.
Transfer students are not eligible to receive one of these scholarships.
Application for a Kettle Moraine Scholarship Foundation (KMSF) scholarship automatically includes consideration for scholarships given by the Kettle Moraine Booster Club. The KMHS student athlete applies for this scholarship through application to KMSF, and will be considered using parameters and criteria set by the KMHS Booster Club (see below).
KMSF applications are available on their website at http://www.kmsd.edu/Highschool.cfm?subpage=251789 and are due at the KMHS Guidance Office on March 10, 2014. Late applications are not accepted.
1. Athletic Participation: Student must be a four (4)-year Kettle Moraine High School athlete, with at least one (1) Varsity letter.
2. Fundraising Participation: Student must have participated in fundraising for the KMHS Athletic Department during the past two (2) years of athletic involvement (this requirement is effective beginning with the school year 2012-2013 when the Booster Club began its current fundraising program). This will be verified by the KMHS Athletic Director.
3. Academic Achievement: Student must have a minimum cumulative high school grade point average, through the end of the current third quarter, of 3.0 (based on a 4.0 scale).
4. Higher Education: Student must plan to enroll in an institute of higher learning within eight (8) months of graduation from Kettle Moraine High School. Such institutions include colleges, universities, as well as technical and vocational schools and institutes.
5. Good Sportsmanship: Student must exemplify good sportsmanship, including attitude toward team members, coaches, equipment, officials, and spectators.
6. Essay: Student must submit a 250-300 word essay entitled “How participating in athletics at KMHS the past four years has enhanced my high school experience and better prepared me for college.” The essay must be typed single-spaced on a separate sheet of paper, and attached to the scholarship application form.
Thank you for participating in the Kettle Moraine High School Athletic Program. Thank you to your parents for their support in your athletic achievements. We are proud of your accomplishments, and wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
Kettle Moraine High School Booster Club